Estate Planning and Probate for Virginians!
Need a will or trust in Northern Virginia?
We will bring a smile to your face by helping you plan for your loved ones. We offer caring Estate Planning services that are tailored to your needs.
Are you a personal representative seeking assistance with probate? We also provide uncontested probate services. (City of Alexandria and Arlington County only)
5-Star Client Reviews
This is our second time working with Lisa. She did a great job preparing our estate documents. She led us through the planning process to ensure we fully understood all our options and made the best decisions for us and our family.
I had a great experience with Mathews Law. I highly recommend their services for estate planning.
I’m thrilled to get a trust, will, and power of attorney documents prepared by lawyer Lisa Mathews. Her work has been done quickly and accurately. I highly recommend using her law office to take care of your personal and financial wishes needed at death for yourself and loved ones.
Sign up for our Weekly Newsletter
Get helpful updates about Estate Planning and Administration directly to your inbox.
Our Estate Planning and Administration Services
Basic Will Package
For simple estates or clients who are okay with probate.
- Includes Will, Power of Attorney, and Advance Medical Directive.
- Includes signing ceremony, witnesses and notary services provided.
Revocable Living Trust Package
For clients looking to avoid probate, keep their affairs more private, plan for disability or leave funds for minors.
- Includes Will Package plus Revocable Living Trust(s).
- Basic asset protection guidance.
Family Protection Trust Package
Tailored to families with minor children.
- Revocable Living Trust Package plus Minor Power of Attorney form and Standby Guardian Designation.
- Guardian named in your will(s).
Solopreneur and Family Business Planning Package
- Includes will or trust package, and business documents as needed such as an operating agreement and/or trust assignment. May include other documents as needed.
- Includes guidance on asset protection and succession planning for small businesses.
Guidance Meeting for Executors
To help your loved ones know what to do.
- Lisa Mathews, Esquire, can sit down with the decision-makers named in your documents (and anyone else you desire) for guidance on what they need to know in the event of your death.
- We also provide resources and answer questions, so they understand their roles.
Trust Funding Services
Retitling assets to your trust.
- If you choose to create a trust, you will need to point assets towards that trust for it to be effective.
- Mathews Law can handle this for you. Or, if you choose to do this yourself, Mathews Law will provide instructions.
- Mathews Law can handle creating a new deed and filing it with the court.
Uncontested Probate and Trust Administration
Because estate administration can be complicated.
- Mathews Law can assist personal representatives and trustees in carrying out their duties.
- We handle any filings with the court and provide guidance as you navigate the process.
Additional Documents and Services
- Mathews Law offers tailored services, such as arranging for documents to be executed in your home, for an additional fee.
- We also can create Marital Agreements, specialized trusts, a professional will (for therapists), and more.
Skilled and Friendly Estate Planning.
Simple, get-it-done process.
Our process is straightforward and mostly virtual. You can create your Estate Plan from the comfort of your own home, leaving more time to spend with those you love!
77% of Americans believe that estate planning is important for everyone, regardless of wealth…
…only 32% of Americans have a will?
Did you know?
Maybe that’s because 74% of Americans believe that estate planning is a confusing topic.
But…without an estate plan, the courts ultimately decide who can make decisions for you and what happens to your assets…and kids…in case of death a disability.
It doesn’t have to be this way!
Mathews Law makes estate planning easy.
Call us at 866.980.0838 any time of the day or night!
Planning and Executing Your Estate Plan.
Mathews Law can help you and your loved ones every step of the way.
- Mathews Law strategizes with you to design a customized estate plan to fit your needs and goals.
- We create crisp, beautiful documents that articulate your wishes.
- We can help you implement your plan by providing trust funding services, creating and filing deeds, and assisting you with beneficiary updates.
- We offer a Guidance Meeting to communicate roles and responsibilities to your decision-makers.
- We will follow-up with you about once a year (no extra charge) to help you maintain your plan.
- When the time comes, we can assist your decision-makers as they execute your estate plan with our probate and trust administration services.
5-Star Client Reviews
Ms. Mathews provided an excellent professional service with a very friendly attitude. I greatly appreciate all her help in my case and would definitely recommend her to all of my colleagues and friends if anyone needs any legal service.
I highly recommend Lisa Mathews. She worked with me quickly and efficiently setting up a trust for my sister. I am out of state and timing was very important…I trust her completely and am very relieved to have found her. Her assistant Amanda was professional and very kind. Ms. Mathews explained things clearly. She was very patient and extremely kind and professional. I know I can reach out to her with confidence in the future and that she will advise and help me, as needed. A difficult situation was made easier than I expected, thanks to her.
Lisa came recommended from a coworker. She was very understanding and knowledgeable. She was direct and up front explaining what to expect. I felt I could trust her to be honest and ethical.
Estate Planning is for everyone!
Did you know that divorced people accidentally leave their assets to their exes all the time in America? Don’t let this happen to you.
Court cases can take months or years if your children’s guardianship is contested after you die. Don’t leave it to a judge to decide what happens to your kids.
Estate Planning is for you, too! Make sure that the state does not determine what happens to your possessions if you die.
Estate Planning isn’t just about creating a will.
Are you a mental health practitioner?
A professional will outlines who will contact your clients and settle your professional responsibilities if you die or become disabled.
Planning isn’t just about death and disability. Prenuptial agreements are a good idea if you want peace of mind about a potential separation from your spouse.
In the military?
Get peace of mind by updating your estate plan before you deploy.
Happily Serving Virginians from Old Town, Alexandria!
Mathews Law, PLLC seeks to serve the community by offering friendly, expert, and efficient legal services.
Get In Touch
- Phone (866) 980-0838
- Fax (703) 382-1670
218 N. Lee St., Third Floor
Alexandria, VA 22314