Estate Planning for Virginians!
Need a will or trust in Northern Virginia?
We will bring a smile to your face by helping you plan for your loved ones. We offer caring Estate Planning services that are tailored to your needs.
Skilled and Friendly Estate Planning.
Simple, get-it-done process.
Our process is straightforward and mostly virtual. You can create your Estate Plan from the comfort of your own home, leaving more time to spend with those you love!
Ms. Mathews provided an excellent professional service with a very friendly attitude. I greatly appreciate all her help in my case and would definitely recommend her to all of my... read more
February 6, 2023
Attorney Matthews helped a friend with his power of attorney, advanced directive and a will. She took the time to counsel and explain all the terms and "what... read more
March 6, 2023
I highly recommend Mathews Law. I am a small business owner and needed legal support drafting contracts. Lisa was quick and responsive, and even took the time to walk me... read more
March 6, 2023
I highly recommend Lisa Mathews. She worked with me quickly and efficiently setting up a trust for my sister. I am out of state and timing was very important. She... read more
May 6, 2022
Lisa Mathews was exceptionally quick in providing several documents for my mother. I will continue to view Lisa as a legal resource going forward.
February 6, 2023
Very satisfied with Mathews Law firm. She was on top of everything. Very happy with her services. Answered all questions and will tell everyone we know about her services. The... read more
April 6, 2023
Our Estate Planning Services
Basic Will Package
For simple estates or clients who are okay with probate.
- Includes Will, Power of Attorney, and Advance Medical Directive.
- Includes signing ceremony, witnesses and notary services provided.
Revocable Living Trust Package
For clients looking to avoid probate, keep their affairs more private, plan for disability or leave funds for minors.
- Includes Will Package plus Revocable Living Trust(s).
Family Protection Trust Package
Tailored to families with minor children.
- Revocable Living Trust Package plus Minor Power of Attorney form and Standby Guardian Designation.
- Guardian named in your will(s).
Solopreneur and Family Business Planning Package
- Includes will or trust package, and business documents as needed such as an operating agreement and/or trust assignment. May include other documents as needed.
Guidance Meeting for Executors
To help your loved ones know what to do.
- Lisa Mathews, Esquire, can sit down with the decision-makers named in your documents (and anyone else you desire) for guidance on what they need to know in the event of your death.
- We also provide resources and answer questions, so they understand their roles.
Additional Documents and Services
- Mathews Law offers tailored services, such as arranging for documents to be executed in your home, for an additional fee.
- We also provide trust funding services to help you transfer assets to your new trust.
77% of Americans believe that estate planning is important for everyone, regardless of wealth…
…only 32% of Americans have a will?
Did you know?
Maybe that’s because 74% of Americans believe that estate planning is a confusing topic.
But…without an estate plan, the courts ultimately decide who can make decisions for you and what happens to your assets…and kids…in case of death a disability.
It doesn’t have to be this way!
Mathews Law makes estate planning easy.
Call us at 703.215.2088 any time of the day or night!
Estate Planning is for everyone!
Did you know that divorced people accidentally leave their assets to their exes all the time in America? Don’t let this happen to you.
Court cases can take months or years if your children’s guardianship is contested after you die. Don’t leave it to a judge to decide what happens to your kids.
Estate Planning is for you, too! Make sure that the state does not determine what happens to your possessions if you die.
Estate Planning isn’t just about creating a will.
Are you a mental health practitioner?
A professional will outlines who will contact your clients and settle your professional responsibilities if you die or become disabled.
Planning isn’t just about death and disability. Prenuptial agreements are a good idea if you want peace of mind about a potential separation from your spouse.
In the military?
Get peace of mind by updating your estate plan before you deploy.
Happily Serving Virginians from Old Town, Alexandria!
Mathews Law, PLLC seeks to serve the community by offering friendly, skilled, and efficient legal services.
Get In Touch
- Phone (703) 215-2088
- Fax (703) 382-1670
211 N. Union Street, Suite 100
Alexandria, VA 22314